How our self storage works
We know how daunting it can be to think about where to store your stuff, whether you’re in the middle of a house or office move, redecorating or decluttering. But finding a secure place to store your things for a long or short-term period doesn’t have to be difficult. We’re here to make storage as easy and flexible as possible, so you can focus on the more important things.
Watch our video and read the steps below – from choosing your unit size and getting a quote to managing your storage account with us – to see how simple self storage with us is.
Choose your unit size
- Choose from over 40 different sizes of storage unit – from the size of a locker to space the size of a double or triple garage and more
- Units are measured by the square foot area of the floor space and each one is at least 8 feet high
- Take a look at our Size Estimator to learn more about our different sizes
- If you have more or less things than you first thought, you can change your unit size at any time, and at no extra cost, so you only pay for the space you need.
- If you’re unsure about the size you need, get in touch with our expert storage advisers for further advice
Reserve your storage unit
- You can reserve your storage unit online, over the phone or in-store
- A £10 deposit is required to reserve a unit size and guarantee your price
- We credit the £10 to your first bill once you start storing – so it actually doesn’t cost anything to reserve
- If you reserve and then no longer need our storage then we’ll refund you the £10
Set up My Account
Set up My Account to make moving into your storage unit even easier. My Account enables you to:
- Enter your personal details to set up your storage account, saving you time when you move in
- Set up a direct debit account to pay your bills online
- Manage your storage account on-the-go
- Update your details as necessary
Pack your items
- It’s important to pack your items for storage to make sure that they don’t get damaged
- We sell a wide range of great value packing materials and cardboard boxes in-store and online in our Box Shop
- You can have items delivered directly to you or you can pick them up in store
Transport your things
- If you don’t have your own way of getting your things to the store, we can help to arrange affordable transport through our local partners
- You can hire a van through our Van Hire partners or use a Van & Man Service to take care of the whole move
- Come to the store during our opening hours to finalise your storage agreement and you’ll get access to your storage unit right away
- Trolleys and lifts are available as well as wide corridors to help make moving your things into your unit as easy as possible
- Once you’ve moved your things in, lock your unit with your own padlock and key
- The store is carefully monitored by CCTV to ensure the security of your belongings around the clock
- You are provided with your own unique PIN code which grants access to the building and gives you the option to access your unit outside of our opening times.
- When it’s time for you to move your things out, all you need to do is give us 14 days notice
- If you are a business customer you will need to give us 28 days notice
- Once you have moved out of your unit we will refund you for any days that you have not used, ensuring you are only paying for the days you need.